'At times an actor may challenge me; it's okay' - Shirish Kunder | Bolytalk
HEADLINES

Template Information

Video Category 1

Releasing This Week
Forthcoming Movies

'At times an actor may challenge me; it's okay' - Shirish Kunder


Six years - That's a rather long wait that Shirish Kunder was willing to put when he started working on his next film after 'Jaan-E-Mann'. The film was appreciated for its music, aesthetics and most importantly, visuals and though many around Shirish suggested that he take an easier way out for his next outing, he instead embarked upon an unconventional subject - 'Joker'.

While Akshay had showed good confidence in Shirish during 'Jaan-E-Mann', one wonders how easy or difficult it for was latter to convince him about the world that he was creating in 'Joker'.

"Let me tell you something. People who work with me when I am making a film sometimes tend to wonder what I am really asking for since I create altogether different visuals and ambience. I insist on certain kind of performance and don't like anyone to be going over the top", smiles Shirish.

No wonder, for Akshay, who revels in hardcore masala movies, the core set up of crop circles, a fictional village called Paglapur and an all around mad atmosphere, was something that did throw a surprise.

"This isn't all as from the technical standpoint also I fight with the producer, cameraman and the technical crew to fetch me something that I have envisioned. They do get confused that why am I insisting so much on lighting a shot in a particular way. At times even an actor may end up challenging me that what's the point in spending so much time when audiencewon't even notice such nitty-gritty", smiles Shirish.

"It's okay though; the final results are what they matter. Even during 'Jaan-E-Mann' Salman and Akshay were pleasantly surprised when they saw how the visuals looked in the end. 'Joker' should do the same for everyone now", smiles Shirish before signing off.

The film releases all over this Friday.

Related Articels

Copyright 2012 Bolytalk All rights reserved